Thursday 18 July 2013

It started with a bang...

and ended with a bang.

It's my fault.  Just as I had hit the send button on the text to my wife that we would be home in 10 minutes, the weld holding the trailer hitch on the back of the bus decided to give way.  Like every other incident on this trip, it was nothing more than an annoying inconvenience...I feel like if it didn't happen, something would have felt off about the end of our trip.

I'm thankful that it didn't happen in so many other, terrible places it could have.

We got the kids home safely, and that's the most important thing.  I've got terrible bus-lag today, and I have trouble walking on land after being on a big bouncing tube for the last 18 days (21 if you count the nights where I couldn't sleep as 'bonus days').

Now I must go through all the photos I've taken and relive the whole thing.  I promise I will provide a more detailed account of everything that happened as well once my brain feels less like mush.

Thank you all for your patience, and thank you all for not yelling at me for making you pick up your child at 4am....hahaha...

Scouter Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment